“FROM EH TO LA” CONTEST FORM NYX COSMETICS CANADA OFFICIAL RULES
1. The “From EH to LA” contest is sponsored by NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP CANADA (hereinafter contest sponsors). The contest is open in all of Canada and starts on June 16th, 2017 at 9:00 AM and closes on or about August 1st, 2017, at 12:00 AM (ET).
2. The contest is open to residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in their province of residence and who are following @nyxcosmetics_canada on Instagram. Employees, representatives and agents of the contest sponsors, their respective advertising and promotional agencies, affiliated and related companies, and members of the immediate family (parents, children, siblings and spouse, regardless of where they live) and household of such employees are not eligible.
How to Enter.
3. STAGE 1 (SELECTION OF 20 SEMI-FINALISTS): ALL CONTESTANTS SHALL FOLLOW @NYXCOSMETICS_CANADA ON INSTAGRAM AND SUBMIT A PHOTO OF THEMSELVES ON THEIR INSTAGRAM PAGE, USING THE THEME “INNER MAKEUP JUNKIE”, USING ANY BRANDED PRODUCT. TO SUBMIT THE PHOTO, CONTESTANTS SHOULD INCLUDE THE HASHTAG #FROMEHTOLA AND #NYXCOSMETICSCANADA IN THEIR SUBMISSION.
STAGE 2 (SELECTION OF 10 FINALISTS): THE 20 SEMI-FINALISTS WILL BE CHOSEN BY A PANEL OF JUDGES AT THE NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP CANADA HEAD OFFICE, AND RECEIVE NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP PRODUCTS TO COMPLETE THE SECOND STAGE. THE 20 SEMI-FINALISTS SHALL SUBMIT A 60 SECOND VIDEO TUTORIAL TO THE @NYXCOSMETICS_CANADAINSTAGRAM ACCOUNT, USING ‘THE CHALLENGE 2 THEME’ LOOK, AND INCLUDING THE HASHTAG #FROMEHTOLA AND #NYXCOSMETICSCANADA IN THEIR SUBMISSION. THE TOP 20 WILL BE RESPONSIBLE TO DIRECT THEIR FANS TO FOLLOW @NYXCOSMETICS_CANADA AND. COMMENT THE WORD `LIKE’ ON THEIR PICTURE ON THE @NYXCOSMETICS_CANADA INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT. VOTES WILL NOT BE COUNTED UNLESS THE VOTER IS FOLLOWING @NYXCOSMETICS_CANADA. THE TOP 10 FINALISTS WILL BE CHOSEN BY THE NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP CANADA PANEL OF JUDGES, WHO WILL TAKE THE PARTICIPANTS' POPULARITY INTO CONSIDERATION (MEASURED BY THE NUMBER OF COMMENTED "LIKES" PER PHOTO ON THE @NYXCOSMETICS_CANADA INSTAGRAM PAGE).
STAGE 3 (SELECTION OF 2 WINNERS): THE 10 FINALISTS WILL THEN HAVE TO CREATE A 10 MINUTE YOUTUBE TUTORIAL VIDEO USING THE ‘CHALLENGE 3 THEME” TO BE HOSTED ON THE @NYXCOSMETICS_CANADA YOUTUBE ACCOUNT, USING THE HASHTAG #FROMEHTOLA AND #NYXCOSMETICS_CANADA. THE TOP 10 FINALISTS WILL BE RESPONSIBLE TO DIRECT THEIR FANS TO FOLLOW @NYXCOSMETICS_CANADA AND LIKE THEIR VIDEO ON THE @NYXCOSMETICS_CANADA YOUTUBE ACCOUNT. VOTES WILL NOT BE COUNTED UNLESS THE VOTER IS FOLLOWING @NYXCOSMETICS_CANADA. THE WINNER WILL BE CHOSEN BY THE NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP CANADA PANEL OF JUDGES, WHO WILL TAKE THE PARTICIPANTS' POPULARITY INTO CONSIDERATION (MEASURED BY THE NUMBER OF "LIKES" PER VIDEO ON THE @NYXCOSMETICS_CANADA YOUTUBE PAGE).nbsp;
4. UGC can be in English or French.
5. By entering, all Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
6. BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, YOU AGREE THAT YOUR ENTRY COMPLIES WITH ALL CONDITIONS STATED IN THESE RULES. THE SPONSOR WILL BEAR NO LEGAL LIABILITY REGARDING THE USE OF YOUR ENTRY AND THE SPONSOR SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY YOU IN THE EVENT IT IS SUBSEQUENTLY DISCOVERED THAT YOU HAVE DEPARTED FROM OR NOT FULLY COMPLIED WITH ANY OF THE RULES.
7. UGC must NOT contain material which is (or promoting activities which are) sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, violent, self-mutilating, discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (e.g. underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.), offensive, threatening, profane, or harassing; any off-label use, or material that contains any derogatory references to any Contest Entities; or any third parties.
8. UGC must not contain any inappropriate (in the sole discretion of Sponsor) clothing or adornment.
9. UGC must not contain any references to or depictions of use of the product other than as specifically set forth on the product packaging.
10. UGC must not contain the last name, phone number(s), address, or email address of any person, including the entrant.
11. UGC must not contain or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, “commercial pitch,” promotional materials, junk mail, spam, pyramid schemes, or any other form of solicitation.
12. UGC must not contain or transmit any materials that contain software viruses or other computer code, files or programs designed to impair, limit, interfere with or cause harm to any communications network operated by any of the Contest Entities or the computers of any individual or entity participating in or otherwise associated with the Contest.
13. UGC and lyrics must be entirely original to the entrant and must NOT include mention of any famous or notable entity or person(s) whether living or deceased or performance of any copyrighted media production including but not limited to music (other than the Tracks provided on the Website by Sponsor (the “Sponsor Materials”), films, books, television programming, etc., or identifying descriptions of any media property.
14. UGC must NOT have been previously submitted to another contest, broadcast on a media network or submitted to any entertainment entity that would conflict with this Contest, as determined in the Contest Entities’ sole discretion.
15. UGC must NOT include third party names, brand names, trademarks, logos, insignia, location signage, photographs, artwork, or sculpture, except for those belonging to Sponsor.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
THERE IS ONE TRIP TO WIN, TO FLY TO LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, AND ATTEND THE NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP FACEAWARDS, AS WELL AS MEET OTHER BEAUTY BLOGGERS AND VLOGGERS FROM AROUND THE WORLD THROUGH GROUP ACTIVITIES, FOR AN APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE OF $4,000 CAD. TRIP INCLUDES:
- A) ROUND TRIP ECONOMY AIR TRANSPORTATION FOR THE WINNER, FROM THE AIRPORT NEAREST TO THE WINNER’S PLACE OF RESIDENCE AND THE AIRPORT NEAR THE LOCATION OF THE HOTEL;
- B) TRANSPORTATION FROM AIRPORT TO HOTEL AT TIME OF ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE;
- C) LUXURY ACCOMMODATION AT A HOTEL IN LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA FOR APPROXIMATELY 5 NIGHTS.
20. THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS APPLY:
- a.Winners will be responsible for all expenses not specifically described above as included in the Prize, insurance, tips, and any other personal expenses, taxes, surcharges and issuance or other fees;
- b.Trip must be completed before August 19th, 2017, otherwise might be void; Some restriction may be applied as to the choice of dates and choice of dates is subject to availability and value of the price for such a period and any other restrictions that may apply in such time. The final decision of the travel dates are decided by the Sponsor. The prize Winner must travel within prescribe timeline, or the trip can be cancelled with no compensation;
- c.If the winner does not want to participate to one of the event/activities, no compensation will be provided;
- d.Winner must have valid documents for travel to Los Angeles, California. The Prize will be forfeited if: a) the proper travel documents are unattainable for any reason within the time required by Sponsor; b) winner is unable or unwilling to travel on the dates required; c) the winner does not have the right, at the time of being selected in the draw and at the time of the trip, to re-enter Canada after leaving the country; or d) if any immigration complications arise which prevent a winner from entering the United States. In the latter event, the winner, as the case may be, will be solely responsible for arranging and paying for travel back to the point of origin. Any prize forfeited may, at Sponsor’s option, be awarded to an alternate entrant;
- e.Approximate value of trip is based on an average value which considers airfare, accommodations, which can vary depending on point of departure, availability in regards to accommodations. If actual value of prize proves to be lower than the approximate stated value, sponsors will not offer compensation to cover the difference.
SELECTION OF WINNERS
. THERE ARE 3 STAGES TO SELECT THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER
STAGE 1 (SELECTION OF 20 SEMI-FINALISTS): ON OR ABOUT JUNE 26TH, 2017, A NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP CANADA PANEL OF JUDGES WILL SELECT 20 SEMI-FINALISTS FROM THE POOL OF ALL ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED. THE NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP CANADA TEAM WILL GET IN CONTACT WITH THE 20 SEMI-FINALISTS TO INSURE THAT THEY ARE ELIGIBLE TO ENTER THE CONTEST AND TO SEND THEM NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP CANADA PRODUCTS TO COMPLETE THE SECOND STAGE. : STAGE 2 (SELECTION OF 10 FINALISTS): ): ON OR ABOUT JULY 18TH, 2017, THE NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP CANADA PANEL OF JUDGES WILL SELECT 10 FINALISTS FROM THE POOL OF 20 SEMI-FINALISTS. THEY WILL TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION THE NUMBER OF COMMENTED ‘LIKES’ THE CONTESTANTS RECEIVE IN THE COMMENT SECTION OF THEIR PHOTOS ON THE @NYXCOSMETICS_CANADA INSTAGRAM PAGE. : STAGE 3 (SELECTION OF 1 WINNER): ): THE WINNER WILL BE CHOSEN BY THE NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP CANADA PANEL OF JUDGES, WHO WILL TAKE THE PARTICIPANTS' POPULARITY INTO CONSIDERATION (MEASURED BY THE NUMBER OF LIKES THE VIDEOS RECEIVE ON THE @NYXCOSMETICS_CANADA YOUTUBE CHANNEL). THE @NYXCOSMETICS_CANADA FANS WILL HAVE UNTIL JULY 31ST, 2017 TO VOTE FOR THEIR FAVORITE TUTORIAL VIDEO. WINNER WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON OR AROUND AUGUST 4TH.4 CRITERIA WILL BE LOOKED AT BY THE NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP CANADA PANEL OF JUDGES WHEN SELECTING THE 20 SEMI-FINALISTS AND THE 10 FINALISTS:
- 1.25% on creativity of approach to challenge on visual and/or video submitted
- 2.25% on post-production editing of visual and/or video submitted
- 3.25% on maximizing product use in creating visual and/or video submitted
- 4.25% on integration of personal style and character on visual and/or video submitted THE ODDS OF WINNING A PRIZE WILL DEPEND UPON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED BEFORE THE CONTEST CLOSES.
24. IN ORDER TO BE DECLARED A WINNER AND BE ABLE TO CLAIM PRIZE, EACH PERSON WHICH WILL HAVE TO:
- A) BE REACHED BY TELEPHONE OR E-MAIL BY THE CONTEST SPONSORS WITHIN FIVE (5) DAYS FOLLOWING THE SELECTION OF THE WINNERS;
- B) CORRECTLY ANSWER, WITHOUT ASSISTANCE OF ANY KIND, WHETHER MECHANICAL OR OTHERWISE, A TIME-LIMITED MATHEMATICAL SKILL-TESTING QUESTION TO BE ADMINISTERED BY PHONE, E-MAIL OR ON THE BALLOT.
IN THE EVENT THAT ANY ONE OF THE CONDITIONS MENTIONED HEREIN IS NOT RESPECTED, THE SELECTED PARTICIPANT’S ENTRY WILL BE VOID AND A NEW DRAW WILL BE CONDUCTED FOLLOWING THE OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES UNTIL A NEW WINNER IS SELECTED.
25. WINNER WILL BE ASKED TO FILL OUT AND SIGN A DECLARATION & RELEASE FORM AND RETURN IT TO CONTEST SPONSORS, TO THE SPECIFIED ADDRESS, WITHIN TEN (10) DAYS FOLLOWING RECEIPT OF THE DOCUMENT.
26. UPON RECEPTION OF THE DECLARATION & RELEASE FORM DULY FILLED AND SIGNED BY CHOSEN PARTICIPANT, SPONSORS WILL EITHER DIRECTLY SEND THE PRIZE TO THE ADDRESS PROVIDED ON FORM OR, SPONSORS WILL MAIL INSTRUCTIONS TO CHOSEN PARTICIPANT WITH INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO CLAIM PRIZE.
IN THE CASE OF A DIRECT DELIVERY TO WINNER’S ADDRESS, A 4 TO 6 WEEKS DELAY FOLLOWING RECEPTION OF THE DECLARATION & RELEASE FORM APPLIES.GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
27. ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED BY PARTICIPANT MUST BE COMPLETE AND ACCURATE. SPONSORS WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY AND ALL TELEPHONE PROBLEMS, UNCLEAR VOICE MAIL MESSAGES, A LATE / INCOMPLETE / ERRONEOUSLY SENT PRIZE CLAIM. FOR ANY AND ALL INCOMPLETE, DISTORTED, LATE AND REPRODUCED ENTRY BALLOT, WHICH WILL BE ANNULLED AND WILL VOID ELIGIBILITY FOR PRIZE CLAIM.
28.CONTEST SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION TO DISQUALIFY ANY INDIVIDUAL FROM THE CONTEST AND TO BAN THE INDIVIDUAL FROM ANY FUTURE CONTEST OF THE SPONSOR THAT IT FINDS OR BELIEVES TO BE TAMPERING WITH THE ENTRY PROCESS OR THE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST OR CONTEST WEBSITE; TO BE ACTING IN VIOLATION OF THE OFFICIAL RULES OR IN AN UNSPORTSMANLIKE OR DISRUPTIVE MANNER, OR WITH INTENT TO ANNOY, ABUSE, THREATEN OR HARASS ANY OTHER PERSON.
29. IF IT IS DISCOVERED THAT ATTEMPTS WERE MADE BY A REGISTERED ENTRANT (OR ANY INDIVIDUAL PURPORTING TO BE A REGISTERED ENTRANT) TO: (I) ENTER/VOTE MORE THAN ONCE PER REGISTERED ENTRANT PER DAY DURING THE CONTEST PERIOD. (II) USE ANY AUTOMATED, SCRIPT, MACRO OR ROBOTIC PROGRAM(S) TO ENTER/VOTE (III) ENGAGE IN SYSTEMATIC ENTERING/VOTING IN THE SAME DAY FROM THE SAME COMPUTER/IP ADDRESS (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE CREATION OF FALSE EMAIL ADDRESSES OR SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS); THEN IT MAY RESULT IN THE DISQUALIFICATION, IN THE SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION OF THE CONTEST SPONSOR, EVEN IF THE ENTRANT WAS DECLARED A WINNER.
30. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
31. PRIZE MUST BE ACCEPTED AS AWARDED. NO SUBSTITUTION OF PRIZES IS PERMITTED EXCEPT BY SPONSOR IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION. SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SUBSTITUTE ANY PRIZE WITH ANOTHER PRIZE OF EQUAL OR GREATER VALUE, IF A PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED AS DESCRIBED FOR ANY REASON. PRIZES ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE AND ARE NOT REDEEMABLE FOR CASH OR CREDIT, IN WHOLE OR IN PART.
32. ENTRANTS AGREE TO ABIDE BY THE TERMS OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND BY ALL DECISIONS OF THE SPONSOR, WHICH ARE FINAL IN ALL MATTERS PERTAINING TO THE CONTEST. CONTEST IS SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE LAWS. BY ENTERING/VOTING, PARTICIPANTS RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSORS, ITS AFFILIATED AND RELATED COMPANIES AND ADVERTISING, PROMOTION AGENCIES AND ALL OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST OR ANY PRIZE WON. WINNERS WILL BE REQUIRED TO SIGN AND RETURN, WITHIN THE TIME PERIOD INDICATED ON THE DOCUMENTS, A DECLARATION OF COMPLIANCE WITH CONTEST RULES AND A FULL LIABILITY AND PUBLICITY RELEASE AND/OR ANY OTHER DOCUMENT.
33. BY ENTERING, YOU CONSENT TO SPONSOR’S USE, SHOULD YOU BECOME A WINNER, OF YOUR NAME, PLACE OF RESIDENCE AND PHOTOGRAPH OR OTHER LIKENESS, AND YOUR TESTIMONY WITHOUT FURTHER COMPENSATION OR NOTICE, FOR PUBLICITY, ADVERTISING OR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES IN ANY MEDIA OR FORMAT (INCLUDING THE INTERNET) IN CONNECTION WITH THE PRODUCTS, THIS CONTEST, OR FUTURE SIMILAR CONTESTS. BY ENTERING, YOU DECLARE THAT YOU HAVE COMPLIED WITH THE CONTEST RULES.
34. ALL ENTRIES BECOME THE PROPERTY OF SPONSOR AND WILL NOT BE RETURNED TO ENTRANTS. IF A SELECTED ENTRANT’S ENTRY IS AN INTERNET ENTRY, THE SELECTED ENTRANT MAY BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE SPONSOR WITH PROOF THAT THE SELECTED ENTRANT IS THE AUTHORIZED ACCOUNT HOLDER OF THE E-MAIL ADDRESS ASSOCIATED WITH THE SELECTED ENTRY.
35. A LIST OF WINNERS WILL BE AVAILABLE FROM AUGUST 6TH, 2017 ONWARDS ON THE OFFICIAL @NYXCOSMETICS_CANADA INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT AT THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS: HTTPS://INSTAGRAM.COM/NYXCOSMETICS_CANADA.
36. FOR THE PURPOSE OF THE PRESENT CONTEST, THE PARTICIPANT IS CONSIDERED TO BE THE PERSON WHOSE COORDINATES APPEAR ON THE CONTEST ENTRY FORM OR BALLOT. IT IS THIS PERSON WHOM WILL BE ASKED TO ANSWER THE MATHEMATICAL SKILL-TESTING QUESTION. IT IS ALSO THE PERSON TO WHOM THE PRIZE WILL BE AWARDED IF ALL CONTEST CONDITIONS ARE MET. SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REQUEST A PIECE OF I.D. PRIOR TO PRIZE REMITTANCE.LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
37. WITHOUT LIMITING THE RELEASE, AND FOR GREATER CERTAINTY, THE CONTEST ENTITIES WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR: A) ANY INCORRECT OR INACCURATE INFORMATION, WHETHER CAUSED BY CONTEST WEBSITE USERS OR BY ANY EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR UTILIZED IN THE CONTEST OR BY ANY TECHNICAL OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES IN THE CONTEST; B) ANY ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT OR DELAY IN OPERATION OF THE CONTEST WEBSITE OR ANY TRANSMISSION IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST; C) ANY COMMUNICATIONS LINE FAILURE, THEFT, DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, OR ALTERATION OF, ENTRIES; D) ANY PROBLEMS WITH, OR TECHNICAL MALFUNCTION OF, ANY TELEPHONE NETWORK OR LINES, COMPUTER ON-LINE SYSTEMS, SERVERS OR PROVIDERS, COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, SOFTWARE, OR FAILURE OF E-MAIL WHICH MAY OCCUR FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING TECHNICAL PROBLEMS OR TRAFFIC CONGESTION ON THE INTERNET OR AT ANY WEBSITE OR COMBINATION THEREOF; OR E) ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PARTICIPANTS’ OR TO ANY OTHER PERSON'S COMPUTER RELATED TO OR RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATING OR DOWNLOADING MATERIALS IN THIS CONTEST. IF THE CONTEST IS NOT CAPABLE OF RUNNING AS PLANNED FOR ANY REASON, INCLUDING INFECTION BY COMPUTER VIRUS, BUGS, TAMPERING, UNAUTHORIZED INTERVENTION, FRAUD, TECHNICAL FAILURES, OR ANY OTHER CAUSES BEYOND THE REASONABLE CONTROL OF THE CONTEST ENTITIES WHICH CORRUPT OR AFFECT THE ADMINISTRATION, SECURITY OR PROPER CONDUCT OF THIS CONTEST, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION TO, WITHOUT ADVANCE NOTICE, TERMINATE OR SUSPEND THE CONTEST, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, OR MODIFY IT IN ANY WAY, SUBJECT TO THE APPROVAL OF THE RÉGIE DES ALCOOLS, DES COURSES ET DES JEUX IN RESPECT OF RESIDENTS OF QUEBEC.
38. BY PARTICIPATING OR ATTEMPTING TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PRESENT CONTEST, ALL INDIVIDUALS RELEASE THE CONTEST ORGANIZERS, THEIR ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, THEIR EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND REPRESENTATIVES FROM ANY DAMAGE THAT COULD BE INCURRED DUE TO THEIR PARTICIPATION OR ATTEMPTED PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST.QUEBEC RESIDENTS
39. ANY LITIGATION RESPECTING THE CONDUCT OR ORGANIZATION OF A PUBLICITY CONTEST MAY BE SUBMITTED TO THE RÉGIE DES ALCOOLS, DES COURSES ET DES JEUX FOR A RULING. ANY LITIGATION RESPECTING THE AWARDING OF A PRIZE MAY BE SUBMITTED TO THE RÉGIE ONLY FOR THE PURPOSES OF HELPING THE PARTIES REACH A SETTLEMENT.
40. THE MASCULINE GENDER IS USED IN NO DISCRIMINATORY FASHION, SIMPLY TO FACILITATE COMPOSITION.PRIVACY
BY POSTING YOUR PHOTOGRAPH, YOU DECLARE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND AGREE TO ABIDE BY THE CONTEST’S RULES AND REGULATIONS.
4. Intellectual Property: Copyright © 2004 NYX Cosmetics USA, Inc. All trademarks registered. All rights reserved. In accordance with laws governing literary and artistic property rights or other similar rights, the reproduction or redistribution of the elements that make up the NYX Cosmetics website, in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited without prior written authorization by NYX. Inquires may be directed here. All brands cited herein are registered trademarks.
5. Accuracy of Content & Pricing; .NYX takes reasonable steps to maintain the accuracy and update the Content on the Site. However, NYX. does not and will not make any representations or warranties regarding the accuracy, timeliness or completeness of the Content. Neither does NYX make any commitment to update the Content. NYX reserves the right in its sole discretion to add, remove or otherwise modify the Content and the Site at any time without notice. NYX and declines all responsibility for technical inaccuracies or other errors. NYX Cosmetics declines all responsibility for any difficulties encountered in accessing the site or for any communication line failure. Please note that prices may be subject to change without notification.
6. DISCLAIMER: THE CONTENT ON THE NYX SITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTEDBY LAW, NYX DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, NONINFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, SECURITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. NYX DOES NOT WARRANT OR GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY, AVAILABILITY,RELIABILITY, ACCESS TO OR UNINTERRUPTED AND ERROR FREE OPERATION OF THE SITE OR THE CONTENT.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL NYX, ITS OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, LOSS OF PROFITS, DATA OR PROGRAMS ARISING FROM THE USE, INABILITY TO USE, OR RELIANCE ON THIS SITE OR FROM ANY INFORMATION OR CONTENT DISPLAYED, UPLOADED TO OR DOWNLOADED FROM THIS SITE.
8. Modification of Agreement. NYX reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify or revise this Agreement at any time without giving notice. Users agree to be bound by any modification or revision of the Agreement upon electronic posting to the Site.
9. Suspension or Termination of Access. NYX reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend or terminate a User's access to the Site for any reason, including but not limited to, a User's breach of this Agreement.
10. Indemnification. User agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless NYX from all actions, liabilities, losses, claims, damages, costs, and expenses including but not limited to reasonable attorney's fees, resulting from the User's violation of any term of this Agreement or alleged illegal use of this Site.
11. Reservation of Rights. All rights not expressly granted or addressed herein are reserved by NYX.
12. Choice of Law; Jurisdiction and Venue. This Agreement shall be governed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, excluding its conflict of law principles. In the event a dispute arises between User and NYX from this Agreement or use of the Site, such dispute shall be submitted to a state or federal court with appropriate jurisdiction located in the City and County of Los Angeles, California, USA.
13. Ownership of Site and Content. All right, title and interest in and to the Site and Content belong solely and exclusively to NYX. The Site and the Content are protected by applicable federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to copyright and trademark laws.
14. USER'S CONSENT TO BE LEGALLY BOUND TO AGREEMENT. IN CONSIDERATION OF BEING ALLOWED TO USE THE SITE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT AS SET FORTH ABOVE. USE OF THE SITE IN ANY MANNER SHALL CONSTITUTE YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THIS AGREEMENT AND YOUR ASSENT TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY ALL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, YOU ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED FROM ACCESSING AND/OR USING THIS SITE.
Revised: July 1, 2011
1. Changes and Updates; Electronic Notices
NYX may terminate, change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Site, including the availability of any features of the Site, at any time. NYX may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts of or the entire web site without notice or liability.
3. Products and Services for Personal Use
4. Purchase Related Policies and Procedures
To view policies and procedures related to orders placed through this Site (such as order processing, shipping and handling, returns and exchanges), click here.
5. Intellectual Property
All information and content available on the Site including but not limited to trademarks, logos, text, graphics, images and the compilation and organization thereof (collectively, the "Site Content") is the property of NYX and is protected by United States and international laws, including laws governing copyrights and trademarks.
Except as set forth in the limited licenses in Section 6 or as required under applicable law, neither the Site Content nor any portion of the Site may be used, reproduced, copied, sold or otherwise exploited without our prior written consent.
6. Limited Licenses
We grant you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive license to access and make personal use of the Site. We also grant you a limited, revocable, nonexclusive license to create a hyperlink to the home page of the Site for personal, non-commercial use only. You must retain, without modification, all proprietary notices on the Site or affixed to or contained in the Site. We may, in our sole discretion, request that you remove any link to the Site, and upon receipt of such request, you shall immediately remove such link and cease any linking unless separately and expressly authorized in writing by us to resume linking.
You are not authorized to: (a) make any use of the Site or any and/or all Site Content other than personal use; (b) frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose the Site or any portion thereof; (c) modify, reverse engineer or create any derivative works based upon either the Site or any and/or all Site Content; or (d) republish, redistribute, transmit, sell, license or download the Site or any and/or all Site Content (except caching or as necessary to view the Site).
Any unauthorized use by you of the Site or any of our Site Content shall automatically terminate the limited licenses set forth above.
7. Your Account
You may register at our Site if you are over thirteen (13) years of age. You agree to provide only current, complete, accurate and truthful information, and You are responsible for keeping such information current, complete, accurate and truthful. If you are over thirteen (13) years of age and do register, you will have an email address/username and password for your account, and You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality thereof. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account, username and/or password.
8. Third Party Links
We are not responsible for the content of any websites linked to or from the Site. Links appearing on the Site are for convenience only and are not an endorsement by us of the referenced website. We are in no way responsible for examining or evaluating, and we do not warrant the offerings of, any websites linked to or from the Site, nor do we assume any responsibility or liability for the content, products or services of such pages and websites.
9. User Content
You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control the rights to your User Content, and you agree not to transmit, upload, post, e-mail or otherwise make available on the Site any User Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party. You agree to indemnify us for all claims arising from or in connection with any claims to any rights in any User Content or any damages arising from any User Content.
We do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of User Content. You understand that by using the Site, you may be exposed to User Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable to you. Under no circumstances will we be liable in any way for any User Content.
10. Copyright Complaints
We respect the intellectual property of others. If you believe that a work has been copied on the Site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please click here to find out how to notify us of a claimed infringement.
11. Representations and Warranties; Limitation of Liability
We attempt to be as accurate as possible when describing our products on the Site; however, to the extent permitted by applicable law, we do not warrant that the product descriptions, colors, information or other content available on the Site are accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free.
YOU AGREE THAT, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, WE WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE), UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS) RELATED TO THE SITE OR YOUR USE THEREOF REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND IN NO EVENT SHALL OUR MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY EXCEED ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100.00).
12. Indemnification; Compliance with Laws
Copyright © NYX, Los Angeles Inc. All worldwide rights reserved.